The 2017 IPR Center Symposium “Solving the E-Commerce Puzzle”
- 9:00 a.m. – 9:05 a.m. IPR Center Acting Director Nick Annan
- 9:05 a.m. – 9:10 a.m. HSI Acting Executive Associate Director Derek Benner
- 9:10 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. CBP Office of Trade Deputy Executive Assistant Commissioner Cynthia Whittenburg
- 9:15 a.m. – 9:20 a.m. FBI Deputy Assistant Director J.C. Hacker
9:20 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
IP Enforcement Coordinator Vishal Amin
A model for pulling all the puzzle pieces together
9:30 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.
Automotive Anti-Counterfeiting Council (A2C2)
- William “Andy” Forsythe
Brand Protection Manager, Nissan North America
President, Automotive Anti-Counterfeiting Council
- Jason S. Kosofsky, Global Brand Protection, Ford Motor Company
John Lancaster, National Wholesale Parts Manager, Subaru
Teena Bohi, Brand Protection Analyst, Toyota
10:15 a.m. – 10:35 a.m.
An ever–changing marketplace with endless online opportunities
10:35 a.m. – 11:20 a.m.
- Special Agent Jon Ruttencutter
- Charles Wright, Associate General Counsel, Amazon Marketplace
Spencer Jones, Director Legal/Americas Litigation/Global Asset Protection, eBay
Matthew J. Bassiur, Vice President, Head of Global IP Enforcement, Alibaba Group
11:20 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Establishing safeguards to protect your money
1:00 p.m. – 1:45 p.m.
- Steve Shapiro – FBI, Supervisory Special Agent, IPR Center
- Dan Pearson, Strategic Intelligence Manager, Western Union
John Verdeschi, Senior Vice President, Customer Performance Integrity, Mastercard
Pete Caddigan, Head of Law Enforcement Liaison, Moneygram International
Moving a maze of merchandise trending from docks to doorsteps
1:45 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- John Leonard
Executive Director, CBP Trade Policy & Programs
- Marianne Rowden, President/CEO, American Association of Exporters/Importers
Cynthia Chandler-Snell, Senior Counsel, FedEx Express
Shoshana Grove, CEO, International Bridge, Inc.
2:30 p.m. – 2:50 p.m.
How industry is changing the way it does business
2:50 p.m. – 3:35 p.m.
- Laurie Iacono Program Manager/Brand-Consumer Protection
- National Cyber Forensics & Training Alliance
- Libby Baney, Principal, Faegre Baker Daniels Consulting
Rachel Nyswander Thomas, Senior Vice President, Operations & Public Policy, Trustworthy Accountability Group
Joel Schwarz, Senior Director, Global Internet & Data Analytics, Business Software Alliance
Challenges facing enforcement
3:35 p.m. – 4:20 p.m.
- Kasie Brill, Senior Director, Brand Protection, Global Innovation Policy Center,
U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Lev Kubiak, Vice President, Deputy Chief Security Officer, Global Security/Compliance Division, Pfizer Inc.
Christopher S. Merriam, Deputy Chief for Intellectual Property
Computer Crime & Intellectual Property Section, U.S. Department of Justice
Caridad Berdut, Attorney-Advisor, Office of Policy and International Affairs
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
IPR Center Deputy Director William G. Ross
Results: 59 Items